Monday, October 18, 2010

link: addition to Snow White

I like how things we learn are so relevant to what goes on today and I found this little bit on Yahoo.  I thought "what a coincidence." 

There's a debate on multiculturalism.  There isn't really an equality of culture I think. Subcultures and counterculture are more a part of some people's lives than others.  As someone who passes between two cultures, I think its definitely possible to have part of both.  Being totally in one culture is impossible anyways because one culture influences another. 
Forcing the main culture on a person is wrong.  We give individuals, in this country anyways, the right to choose what to absorb.  Countercultures aren't bad things because I think they're a part of any culture.  Like before, everything is relative and we can't have one without the other. 


http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101017/wl_afp/germanymuslimreligionimmigration    

No comments:

Post a Comment